There’s a lot of buzz about the current and upcoming Black Friday deals, which is a post-Thanksgiving sales event that originated in the US. Well, the love of a bargain is a global thing, so its now a popular sales event here in the UK, with some fantastic discounts available. So here is my Black Friday workwear shopping list:
My recommendations from Gap are:
- GAP | Maternity popover tux shirt in off-white | 100% cotton | £39.95. There aren’t many retailers that sell maternity clothes, let alone those that are suitable for work, so this shirt is a welcome sight.
- GAP | Maternity Merino A line sweater | 100% merino | £20 (was £39.95) This looks like a perfect maternity workwear knit, especially as its slim on the arms and neat on the shoulders (which you don’t always get if you just size up in regular clothes):
- GAP | Maternity demi panel skinny trousers in black | 95% cotton, 5% elastane | £39.95. If these are half as good as the regular skinny trousers, then maternity wear has improved since I was pregnant.
Moving onto regular workwear…
- GAP | Merino knit in grey | 100% merino | £20 (was £39.95). These are the best knits for me on the high street, right now. I have it in grey (see below) and also the cranberry. I plan to also buy the black. They aren’t for the long of body (unless you choose the tall fit) and you need to size up, though (I take medium). However, they fit me well.
If you prefer cashmere, my friends are bulk buying these today, due to the thickness of the cashmere, and the flattering cut: GAP | Cashmere knit | 100% cashmere | £99.95.
- GAP | Ultra skinny trousers | 95% cotton, 5% elastane | £39.95. I own and love these. Size down once or twice, and, even then, expect them to give. Fabulous, thick trousers, though.
My recommendations from French Connection are:
- FRENCH CONNECTION | Platform felt fitted coat in berry punch | 75% Virgin Wool, 20% Nylon, 5%Cashmere. Lined | £175 which was in my recent from day to night, workwear to weekend post, as well as my recent Top 15 winter wool coats: the sequel post.
- FRENCH CONNECTION | Imperial wool coat in mosaic blue | 80% wool, 20% polyamide. Lined | £169 which was recently seen in Annabelle Fleur’s Viva Luxury fashion blog and also the Stylist Magazine.
- FRENCH CONNECTION | Nena leather tote bag in birch | Leather outer. Lined | £285. This bag also comes in black.
- FRENCH CONNECTION | Lexi croc embossed leather bag in black | Leather outer. Lined | £199. This bag also comes in grey.
If you are looking for a more exhaustive list of Black Friday fashion deals, you can find such a list here in the Telegraph’s Fashion section.
Thank you for reading, Reader, have an excellent day.