Its been a little while since I have done one of these posts, but a recent trip to John Lewis and Russell & Bromley reminded me of some of the fabulous pointed flats that are for sale at the moment. The 15 pairs that appeal most to me are:
1. DUNE | Briella Embellished Toe Point Flat Pumps, Black Suede | Black suede upper, synthetic lining and sole | £60 (normally £75)
These shoes come in blush, grey or black suede (the leopard print ponyskin, which I recently bought, has sold out), however, I think the darkened metal on the bejewelled brooch looks best against the black suede. Dark opulent party flats. Very Manolo for less.
2. BANANA REPUBLIC | Amirah flat in cotton / supersilver | Leather upper, breathable synthetic lining and sole | £75
This style, and the grey leather with subtle silver detailing, is so elegant. I’m really tempted by them. Also, I find that I need ankle straps to be adjustable (ie you can swivel them around) or detachable.
These shoes also come in black and grey abstract pattern, along with tea rose and a red metallic:
3. & OTHER STORIES | Pointy suede flats in aqua blue | Suede upper, leather lining and sole | £55
Suede upper (like a moth to the flame, I am drawn to suede), leather lining and sole, and a good range of colours to choose from. This is why I always love to look at the shoe section of & Other Stories.
4. SOMERSET BY ALICE TEMPERLEY | Chelwood Flat Leather Pumps in Off White and Black | Leather | £100
T-bar flats are an elegant alternative to the lace up flats that I am seeing everywhere, right now (although I like both). These are terrific, with the black and white gangster spat styling. Only size 7 is available online, but if you are near John Lewis, I did see another size in store.
5. BANANA REPUBLIC | Alani D’Orsay Flat in tea rose | Leather upper, breathable synthetic lining and sole | £75
These D’Orsay flats would be perfect in warmer weather, and, of course, there’s the matter of how versatile “nude” shoes are. These shoes also come in super silver and black reptile print.
6. OFFICE | Low Down Ghillie Lace Up in red | Suede upper, synthetic lining and sole | £60
I know that coloured suede is very impractical for me (I attract dirt), but the heart wants what the heart wants. These shoes also come in black. If you are worried about the leg shortening effects of ankle ties, you could always just wear these sorts of shoes with cropped trousers and/or long skirts.
7. COLLECTION BY JOHN LEWIS | Pavia Leather Pumps, Black/White | Leather upper and lining. Synthetic sole | £65
I think the Collection by John Lewis range is worth a look, as they make classic, all leather shoes at a reasonable price. This range is a recent discovery of mine.
8. JIGSAW | Cecile Flat Ballerina Pumps in silver | Leather upper, lining and sole | £69
These are beautifully soft in real life, as well as being leather lined. The silver is a slightly cracked / distressed finish (as opposed to the super silver shoes that you can buy at Banana Republic which are a glossy silver). They also come in navy or black ponyskin. Beautiful times 3.
9. & OTHER STORIES | Leather ballerina flats in black | Leather upper, lining and sole | £55
The classic pointed flat shoes. Interesting shoes catch my eye, but sometimes I just want to wear a plain classic pair like these. Great value for all leather shoes.
10. BODEN | Pointed T Bar flats | Suede or leather upper, leather lining and sole | £69
I haven’t lost my mind. I’ve pictured the yellow suede, as I adore such a buttercup yellow. However, I fear I might even stain them just by trying them on. So, I am including them as they also come in navy (slightly two-toned), black and silver leather. Sleek and chic. I love Boden shoes.
11. DUNE | Abbie Jewel Heel Pointed Toe Flat Shoe in snakeskin | Leather upper, synthetic lining and sole | £55 (normally £69)
Snakeskin is a favourite of mine, but these shoes are really elevated by the jewelled heel.
12. RUSSELL & BROMLEY | Jewelled Point Flat in Tantrum | Leather upper, lining and sole | £225
I adore these shoes, and have admired them for over a year. Perfect “desk to dinner” shoes.
If you are on a stricter budget, like I am, the Dune Briella flats (pictured above in black), also come in leopard print and are reduced to £45. They are sold out online, but there are some in some stores, and you can check using the Dune store checking function:
If you like the Tantrum style, but fancy a different animal print, they also come in snakeskin:
13. BODEN | Lille Lace Up Point shoes in silver | suede upper, leather lining and sole | £89
I think about these shoes often, and really can’t justify them as I have silver pointed flats. However, the heart wants…. These are a slightly cracked silver suede. They also come in navy or orange suede.
14. MANGO | Leather pointed ballets in ivory | Leather upper, synthetic lining and sole | £19.99 (was £34.99)
These would have to be the bargain shoes of the post, and they also come in black,
15. MASSIMO DUTTI | Suede multi strap ballerina shoes in raspberry | Suede upper, leather lining and sole | £69.95
If you want berry pink shoes, but have a little more to spend, there are the ridiculous, wonderful RUSSELL & BROMLEY | Caterina pointed bow flats | Leather upper, lining and sole | £195. I should be so lucky:
Thank you for reading, Reader, have a delightful rest of your day.